Microfibre Polishing Cloth
We have made it easy to keep your jewelry shining and sparkling on a day to day basis.
Some features of these soft microfibre polishing cloths are:
- Lightweight and cute: square shape (8cm x 8cm); They are lightweight so you can take them in your pocket, purse, coin bag, backpack, eyeglass box, etc.
- Dust-proof and durable.
- Easy to polish jewelry: remove the scratches and tarnish on the silver jewelry; Suitable for cleaning and polishing watches and glass; You can apply them to silver/gold/bronze earrings, rings and necklaces.
- Note: cleaning cloth will remain long-term effectiveness if you don't wash them; Keep them in dry place to avoid them wet by water or rain
To ensure of the right size for you, simply measure around your wrist with a piece of string, mark it and lay beside a ruler.
You must then decide what fit you would like best. Some people prefer them to be a little more snug, some prefer to have it a little on the loose side.
Most of our jewelry is made with either 925 sterling silver, 14k gold fill, 14k rose gold fill or solid 14k gold or fine silver.
Fill is different than plated, the gold is bonded to jewellers brass and the rose gold is bonded to jewellers copper. Filled metal has to be at least 5% solid gold or rose gold. This bonding process binds the 14k gold to the base metal, and with basic care it wears like just gold and will not tarnish at a more affordable price than solid gold.
14k gold is approximately 57% gold, making it a very durable gold that most skin can tolerate (except for those who are very allergic). The adding of alloy metals to the gold gives its more strength as the higher percentage of gold (24k being 100% pure gold) the softer it is and more likely to get scratched or dented.
Sterling + Fine Silver
Sterling silver is 92.5 percent silver with 7.5 percent other alloy metals, generally copper. This is why sterling silver over time can tarnish, but will polish up quickly with a polishing cloth.
Fine silver is 99.9 percent silver with a small amount of copper present to help it to retain its hardness as pure silver is very soft. This metal is much slower to tarnish over time.
Microfibre Polishing Cloth
How do I ensure long life of my jewelry?
- swimming, showering, or working out with your jewelry on should be avoided.
- Precious metals & porous gemstones should not be treated with ammonia, chlorine, or other harsh chemical solvents found in cleaners, perfumes & lotions.
- You can polish your jewelry beads with a cotton cloth or special jewelry cleaning cloth only.
- Please do not let children tug on your jewelry. If your item breaks from being tugged on, has caught on something or any other physical damage, that is not a reflection of Salt + Sage.
- Keep your jewelry stored in the up cycled cotton bag we supplied or in a jewelry box.
Do we create custom pieces?
We do some custom work like certain gemstone rings in your choice of metal, stone and size.
Inquries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping + Returns
At Salt + Sage we are committed to processing all orders as quickly as possible.
Due to the fact that items are handmade to order, please allow up to 3-5 business days for items to be shipped. It will then generally take 1-10 business days to arrive, depending on the shipping method chosen.
See full shipping policy tab for more information.
Everything ships out of Calgary Alberta.
Returns + Exchanges
As a small business, we make most pieces to order, because of this WE DO NOT OFFER RETURNS but we do offer exchanges or store credit.
Please note that some pieces will be listed as final sale.
We will gladly accept UNWORN items still with all original packaging within 7 days of receiving your order for exchange for store credit. Retail value can be put toward higher prices items with the buyer paying the difference.
Please email email@example.com for all inquiries.
Get in touch
If you have any questions about your order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our customer service is available Monday through Friday from 8am until 5pm MST
Canadian + Female Founded
Salt + Sage is the creation of owner + metalsmith Cayla Joss. Residing in Calgary Alberta, the entire business is run by Cayla and her partner Matthew. We create size inclusive demi-fine jewelry thoughtfully designed and hand crafted in our jewelry studio.
Handmade in Alberta
All of our jewelry is handmade in our home studio. Handmade is something we feel passionate about in a world of fast, cheap fashion. Cheap and disposable jewelry creates a structure where work is outsourced to places where work conditions and pay are very poor. We need to vote with our dollars for a more equitable world.
Real Gems + Metals
We source our real gemstones through reputable sources, other small businesses and from within Canada whenever possible. We ackonlwdge that these gems and metals are gifts from the earth and should be treated with respect. This is why we handmade pieces that are made to last.